The trip back proved otherwise... Steve joined us in MN for the last few days and then we flew back together. We were grounded on the take-off area for 3 hours before getting in the air... it was quite a scene (computer problems or something), so we made the best of it and again he did a great job of remaining patient and calm. (I wish I could say the same for his parents!) We ended up missing our connecting flight, then delayed again and finally got home to SB around 8 pm. It was quite a day, but he powered and we're all the stronger and more flexible for it!
All in all the trip was great... my parents have a stunning 5 acres that sits on the Snake River in northern Minnesota and being the incredible green thumbs that they are, it was just beautiful and so peaceful to be there with the gardens, the fountains, the quiet. Ben has really created a sweet connection with his grandparents... grammy & pop-top!
We packed it all in -- saw tons of friends and relatives and as I said, Steve arrived and we headed to Wisconsin for his 1/2 marathon. He shaved 12 minutes off of his last race time and did it with a smile through the POURING rain!
Here's a few of my favorite shots...
1 comment:
I LOVE the tractor photo! And all of the nakie-baby shots are real winners (perfect to show his girlfriends when they come to the house!). Glad that you're home safe and sound! - Sophie
Post a Comment