When I originally called her to tell her that I was pregnant again back in February, her receptionist blurted out "well, you know that she is retiring this year from deliveries and will just be doing GYN work, don't you?" to which I bursted into tears at the thought of her not delivering this baby too. She called me, we talked, I persuaded her (and cried, which I think helped) and she agreed to do it as long as we did it before the end of the year (hence, the December 30th date) because her insurance was final on 12/30/2010 for baby delivering. Done deal I said and off we went through a great pregnancy of fantastic care with her as my doctor. I am so appreciative of her gentle nature, her logical perspective on healthcare and pregnancy, and her love of our family.
We drug the kids with us to my dr. appointment earlier this week for her to check out my incision from my surgery so we could get a picture with all of us and her final baby in her arms. So precious... thank you Dr. Shaikh from the bottom of our hearts for helping us complete our family! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment