Thursday, November 1, 2007

A night filled with contractions, walking and little sleep.

We are on our 4th nurse.
They work 12 hours shifts.
So far we have had Cindy, Edrie, Nicole, and now Rachel.
Do you think Sara wants to be done?

Dr. Shaikh was just here and discovered that Sara is 1cm dialated and 75% effaced. That's good news in vagina talk (which is the language of L&D). I thought when I went to the Vagina Monologues that they talked about Vagina's alot... now I know that was nothing.

So we will be having a baby today. More than likely late in the evening... but today none the less. They just gave Sara pitocin to kick it up things to the next level.

Sara's not up for having a picture right now..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you two - thanks for the great updates and the name teaser .. hehehehe ... Tell your little CupCake we're looking forward to meeting him!

Hang in there ~ We love you!
Heather

Anonymous said...

And the name is.... Could we pleeeeaze have an all day drumroll! Whew, what a cliff hanger!This is better than the movie that I watched last nite!
You guys are the best parents ever.
Love ya,
Annie

Anonymous said...

By the way, you look mahvelous dahling.How's daddy looking?
Annie

Linda M. said...

Hi you guys,
I know that you are so ready to have this part behind you, but I think you're both doing great! I love the sense of humor that you each have managed to hang onto. I'm sure that by now, that's much more challenging, though. Sara,I can appreciate not wanting to have your picture taken for the last posting. You've both been wonderful about keeping all of us that love you involved via the blog. Hang in there. It won't be long now! Love, Linda M.