Sunday, November 4, 2007

When in doubt read the manual!

Last night was a rough one.
Little Ben fed and fussed and fussed and fussed and...
Then as I practiced the 5 S's and he calmed down and we wondered what changed he was so mellow yesterday...
Can you tell we are new parents and don't realize that he will change everyday?
Finally he chilled and became Zen Ben again and we relaxed.
As we talked to the nurses this morning they said, "Did you read the booklet in your material that talks about the first 3 days.
24-48 hours = "Fussiness" (feeding cues) calmed by feeding and skin to skin contact.
Sara then said, "I read alot but it become real when it's experiential."

4 comments:

Linda M. said...

Hang in there. It's just all part of the adventure. Everyday you will be learning how to parent this new, unique, little treasure. Think of all the changes in his world in the last few days. No wonder he's a bit grumpy. Change is an inevitable part of life, but even as adults, we keep forgetting that. Ben has a lot to learn about the ways of the world, as we all do. As long as there's love, everything will work its way out. Give him an extra hug for me.
With Love,
Linda M.

Jenn said...

Well, Myko and I have been watching the blog entries closely. Last nite, during our little pet fest, we watched the Ben videos and Myko said, yet again, "Meow, meow, meow!" If you know Myko, he meowed about 47 times; As for the translation, it was something like, "okay, yah, he's frickin' adorable and all; he even looks a tad Seussian and that's cool. And, yes, I sniffed his clothes, and he even SMELLS adorable! But can I put a word in for the cat in the hat, not the baby in the hat? But, seriously folks, I can't wait to meet him and love him!!"
Well, that goes for me too! Feeling a little under the weather so I'll wait, but sooooonnnnnn!
Congrats Steve and Sara!
Love,
Jenn

Unknown said...

Wait a minute.... These things are supposed to come with a manual??? :)

topalo73 said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Ben's arrival and now to your family of three.

We think he is a little cutie, and can't wait to hold and cuddle him.


With our many hugs and kisses to you all.

Great Grm and Grp Olds