Monday, March 23, 2009

Lots 'o Happenings...

We're back together again as a family after 2 weeks of being apart... me gone one week, Steve gone last week... He was in San Diego and boy oh boy were we glad to see him on Saturday when he got home! Ben especially missed daddy... he loves to help with the suitcases when we get home from anywhere.


Saturday morning I went garage sale-ing with my friend Sophie and Ben... I love this activity on a Saturday morning... we had a ball. Sophie is very pregnant and SCORED on a few pieces of furniture, I got a couple of things and Ben walked away with many toys for about 4 dollars total and this bunch of grapes that the poor woman at the sale just gave to us as he was OBSESSED with these grapes... he kept squealing "BALL" in a borderline annoying tone and reaching for them while pulling everything else with them off their neatly designed table...I think they were actually a parting gift. :) The funny thing about this last garage sale we went to was that there was a woman there that recognized me from my friend, Sarah Paskin's blog... Sar, I know you're reading this right now... isn't that crazy? You used to work with her at your old company - can't think of her name. Anyway, she was really sweet and of course we doted on you! :) Such a small world.


Anyway... Saturday night, Ben's best friend Julia came over for a pizza party, which was great... he had a hot date and was in bed by 7. Quite a night!



Then, the real fun began... Steve's friend Tim that he stayed with this weekend in San Diego gave Ben this little pedal car from HIS childhood. It's SO much fun and Ben LOVES it! As you can see from the video, he's not into using the pedals yet, but LOVES to push it. I think Steve was out there with him an hour just going round and round. Thanks so much Mr. T! :)
Video of Ben Below..... notice how he says "beep beep" as he's pushing it and guess who this broom-obsessed-child's passengers are? Yep -- the hand brooms! (he gets really upset when they fall out).

No comments: