Thursday, April 16, 2009

My day with Bebo

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am very passionate about my business, Radiant Organizing. They also know that while I adore, cherish and love my child, I am not "stay-at-home-mom-material". I think it takes some special powers (called patience, patience and more patience) to be with your kid all day. I just don't have what it takes.... and I'm very clear on that. When it comes down to it, I am in need of adults and problem solving adult problems on a daily basis.
We are incredibly fortunate to have Ben in the Cottage Hospital onsite childcare program near the hospital and he is usually there 4-5 days/week. This place is amazing... he'll be there until he goes to kindegarten and we feel SO fortunate to have this benefit of Steve's work. It's truly what has allowed me to continue to build my business and do what I love. I'm actually a BETTER mom because of him being here during the day. Again, I'm very clear on this and have come to realize this and accept this for myself, which has been a true process of self growth.

Anyway, since I create my own schedule, I had this thought that I would start to take one day a week and hang with Ben and not have him in school. Today was my first day. I think I would give myself about a B or B- for the day. It was great to be with him all day, but as you keep reading you can see why I"m exhausted. He's insanely curious and exploratory and the whole world is his toy. :)

After spending the morning and picnicing at the zoo with my good friend Rachel and her kiddos (thanks for coming up guys!), we jetted home for a nap, then gardened (Ben climbed into the fountain and into the vegetable bed), cleaned out the car (he dumped water in the backseat and 2 buckets onto the kitchen floor), swept the front and cleaned up the back (from all the wind) (he got in his wagon and pushed himself down the driveway where I proceeded to race after him before a car hit him), did some laundry (he put clothespins in the washer without my knowing), some housekeeping (he has now learned how to turn on and off the vaccum - joy!) and prepped dinner (where I found him in the other room after he had dumped a bottle of essential oils all over himself - he smelled darn good!) . Needless to say when Steve got home, I asked him to run an errand and take Ben so that I could have a moment to breathe (and clean up the floors!) After all that and FOUR, yes FOUR different outfit changes - I must say... I will look forward to the next day together, however I've decided that maybe one day/week is too much... maybe one day/every other week? :)








No comments: