Here's my solution: take a picture (with him in it) for all of the artwork that doesn't get the "keep it because its amazing" award, organize it by month and voila! I have an entire portfolio of Bebo's artwork that I can look at when I want and don't have to continue to find bigger storage drawers for!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Ben's artwork
Being a professional organizer, I have been asked more times than I can count how I am going to deal with the oodles of artwork that Ben will bring home once he starts school... well, now that he's a jelly at his school, they do TONS of art, painting, drawing, coloring and all of the other fun artsy things that toddlers do... last Friday was the first time that I was faced with this as his artwork came home with him. If you know me at all, you know that I am not a fan of clutter and keeping things that have zero purpose. I do think that there is a place for his most masterful creations that I will save, but let's be honest... it's not feasible or remotely necessary to keep every little scrap of paper that he draws on, paints or or glues glitter on.
Here's my solution: take a picture (with him in it) for all of the artwork that doesn't get the "keep it because its amazing" award, organize it by month and voila! I have an entire portfolio of Bebo's artwork that I can look at when I want and don't have to continue to find bigger storage drawers for!


Here's my solution: take a picture (with him in it) for all of the artwork that doesn't get the "keep it because its amazing" award, organize it by month and voila! I have an entire portfolio of Bebo's artwork that I can look at when I want and don't have to continue to find bigger storage drawers for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your idea for "saving" Ben's artwork, Sara. That's exactly what I recommend to my Creative Memories clients and friends! Love ya!
Amen, Sista! Not every piece of art is a masterpiece - you're so smart!
xoxo,
me
Post a Comment