One of the things that drives me bonkers is when I find loose change lying around the house, so when Ben was born, I decided to capture all of the change in a large pickle jar. This has been living in the back of our closet for Steve to empty his change from his pockets into at the end of the day for 3 years. We realized it was getting really full about a month ago, so we made a contest out of it - at Ben's 3rd birthday party, we brought it downstairs and had a sign up sheet for our guests. The concept was simple - guess how much money is in this jar and win ______. (given the audience of this particular party, we were giving away a gift card to Toys r US)
Once the sheet was full, it was now up to us to get it counted and this was no small task. Yes, you can take it to the local grocery store, but they take a cut and we are frugal (and cheap?) and wanted to keep it all for ourselves, so one night last week, the counting began.
How much do you think? (scroll to the bottom to see)!
1 comment:
WOW! The most I've saved in a jar was $350 and I thought that was great! Go Jackson, looks like uber Christmas for that little guy!
Post a Comment