Saturday, October 27, 2007

Update....

Here's the latest... we had an ultrasound yesterday to make sure the fluid was good and check the baby's weight... (which is totally wierd to know), and the fluid is getting low "you're about a quart low" is what I was expecting Dr. Soffici to say... but he refrained. Apparently it's normal at the end of the pregnancy to be low in fluid b/c the placenta just kind of starts puttering out and that is what supports the fluid. That being said, I will definitely be having this baby next week. Back to my regular OB on Monday morning to make the final decision. In the meantime, Steve and I will be enjoying our last weekend as just "us".

There are many myths and wivestales out there on how to naturally induce labor and one that worked for friends of ours was eggplant parmesan, so we went to Pascucci's last night and indulged in a big 'ol plate of it. The funny thing is that I really am not a fan of eggplant, but whatever it takes, right? Well, here we are the morning after and nothing, so guess that wasn't meant to be for us. I'll keep drinking my raspberry tea and see if some talk therapy can't get him to "come on down"! :)


If you know of any tried and true secrets, send 'em on over our way!

3 comments:

donna said...

Hi Sara and Steve,

Wow, getting down to the wire. Hope you're getting plenty of rest NOW, since that's one thing that kinda goes out the window after the birth.

The night before my firstborn came into the world, I danced!! My best friend got married and everyone told me dancing was the best way to bring on the birth. I guess they were right. I went into labor around midnight that night.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best!

Donna

Unknown said...

Soooo, are you laughing or screaming at this exam? I can't quite figure out the expression on Mom's (Sara's) face. ???? Is mom having a good time or a bad time? hmmmm?

Unknown said...

... I have a few tales that I have heard over the years on getting the kid to 'come on down'!
1. Scrub the kitchen floor.
2. Walk around the block.
3. Mom to eat any food that causes diarrea (sp?) Sorry Sara!

I think people (in the form of babies) show up when they are bloody good and ready. yes? So just mellow out you guys and it will happen when the time is right.

I would like to pass-on something to you Steve and Sarah that I have learned; having had babies and watching them being born too.... It's a true life changing experience with no comparisons Caputos; where you simultaneously are a part of, and become a witness to, a Miracle. No one could ever prepare you for the love you never knew you were capable of feeling (which you are about to feel). The birthing process is sooo very underated. It is the 8th wonder of the world. (!)

I send so much love to you Sarah and Steve in anticipation of the birth of your beautiful baby-boy Caputo. You are in my thoughts.

xoox Roberta